Harrington Brooks is part of the One Advice Group. When colleagues all come together from around the Group, we can make a big impact.
For colleagues in the Group, being a Responsible Business is great fun and it’s helping us to deliver some of our key objectives. For example:
- It’s anchored in our commitments to stakeholders, be they customers, colleagues, investors, regulators or local communities.
- It’s in our vision and values, and our culture – as we do the right thing for our stakeholders.
- We support local – so that the area, economy, communities, residents and local businesses, including One Advice Group can prosper. Many of our own colleagues and their families live in the area.
- It’s helped us as we strive to be a provider of choice – to bring sustainable financial wellbeing within the reach of our customers by creating a culture that values and supports our people so they can deliver exceptional service and advice.
- And be an employer of choice – because we want to attract and retain talent, helping to create the glue that binds colleagues and the business.
- It’s also helped us to fulfil our commitment to Financial Education for Future Generations – using the knowledge and experience we have in the business, to create better financial outcomes for the future generations.
All this has provided colleagues with some great fun opportunities to give and gain, learn, develop and bring their learnings back to the business.
We firmly believe that happy colleagues provide a better service to customers.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In 2014-15 approximately 12% of the colleague population participated in volunteering and mentoring initiatives and almost all colleagues contributed in some way to fund raising. The colleague elected committee, Culture Club, are heavily involved in putting on social and fund raising, fun initiatives and events.
In 2015-16 approximately 20% of the colleague population participated in volunteering and mentoring initiatives, almost double!
Mentoring with Business in the Community
For several years colleagues have participated in mentoring activities in conjunction with Business in the Community (BITC), of which we are a corporate supporter and member.
BITC Mosaic programmes help Primary and Secondary Schools students to start up and run their own virtual new business and gain valuable work related experience and insight, to help students prepare for their world at work and gain experience in their chosen pathway.
We have forged partnerships with Trafford College and Manchester College, providing mentors and engaging in careers fares, helping students with decisions about their future careers, job applications and introducing them to the world of work.
Our policies to reduce our carbon footprint also continue with such activities as car share, paper recycling and printer cartridge recycling.