We’ll need you to prove your identity if you’re a new customer setting up a plan with us. Existing customers may also need to prove their identity when required.
What can you use to prove your identity?
You can use one of the following documents to prove your identity:
- Current Signed Passport
- Copy of birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces)
- EEA member state identity card
- Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
- Full old-style driving licence
- Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry – CIS4
- Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency
- Firearms or shotgun certificate
- Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
- National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
Proving your income
We’ll also need you to prove your income if you’re a new customer setting up a plan. Existing customers may also need to prove their income when asked to do so.
What can you use to prove your income?
You can use one of the following documents to prove your income:
- 3 months worth of your most recent wage slips. If you are paid weekly, these should cover the most recent 12 week period.
OR if new employment has commenced and no salary has yet been paid OR if you are not working:
- A letter from an employer when you can’t get wage slips or if you have started a new job. (This must state hours contracted, rate of pay and any deductions i.e pensions, tax and NI)
- Copy of recent benefit statement/ proof of pension or letter from DWP
- 3 months equivalent made up of wage slips and entries on the bank statements.
How to send us your documents
The quickest way is to send us clear photographs of your documents by email. You can do this by using a smartphone with a camera and sending us an email.
You can email photographs of your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you include details of your plan reference number with any e-mails that are sent.
Alternatively, you can send copies of your documents to us by post to the following address (No postage required):
PO Box 411
DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. We are unable to return any documents sent to us by post.